Nerf Wars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All things Nerf!

2 posters

Nerf Stampede

Thunderfury2000
    Thunderfury2000
    Stampeder

Nerf Stampede Empty Nerf Stampede

Post  Thunderfury2000 Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 pm

The Nerf Stampede is an automatic blaster. It's a lot like the Vulcan in its execution, but there are a few primary differences:

1. The Stampede is way lighter than the Nerf Vulcan is. In fact, the Stampede is surprisingly portable, and can easily be carried and fired with the same hand (kids will have a hard time holding and firing with one hand, but it shouldn't be a problem for anyone 12 or older).

2. Whereas the Vulcan uses an ammo belt, the Stampede uses the clip system. And seeing as the Stampede is an automatic blaster with a high rate of fire, Nerf has introduced a new 18-dart clip with the launch of the Stampede.

3. The Stampede does not have an automatic pump mode, meaning that batteries are required.

Rate of Fire
    In my testing, I found that the Nerf Stampede fires approximately three shots a second. If you don't want to go full automatic, firing single shots is also very easy to do, as the number of darts fired is determined by the length of time that you suppress the trigger.

Range
    I was very pleased with the range. I'd estimate that most shots travel between 25-30 feet, which is really pretty impressive considering that the gun is battery operated.

Accessories
    The Stampede comes with two primary accessories: The shield and the tripod. Both accessories are removable, and use the tactical rail -- meaning that they can also be used on other guns that feature the tactical rail in the Nerf N-Strike line.

In addition to using the clips that come with the Stampede, you can also use the drum from the Nerf Raider to further increase the dart capacity.

Darts
    As with all clip system Nerf guns, the Stampede ECS uses streamline darts.

Use
    The Stampede requires 6 D batteries to use. As mentioned above, there is no manual pumping mechanism, so this Nerf gun will not work without batteries.

Also, be aware that the Stampede does make a rather loud 'pew pew' sound when it's fired. While I find the sound pretty unoffensive, parents with children who might play with the Stampede for hours on end may want to make sure that they have a good spot outdoors in case the sound gets on your nerves.

I was not able to find a shut off switch for the sound effects, but ultimately the sound does serve a purpose -- it does a great job of masking the mechanical sound of shooting the gun (which would be far more annoying).

Conclusion
    The Nerf Stampede ECS is an absolute blast to play with. It couples the rapid automatic action of the Vulcan, but it comes in a much smaller and manageable package. The rate of fire and range are both excellent, and in the end, any Nerf fan should be able to have a lot of fun with the Stampede.

Edrick493
    Edrick493
    Fire-man

Nerf Stampede Empty Re: Nerf Stampede

Post  Edrick493 Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

nice review Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Last edited by Edrick493 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Thunderfury2000
    Thunderfury2000
    Stampeder

Post  Thunderfury2000 Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:35 pm

thanks Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:40 pm